Thank you for taking an interest in Share My Library. This page sets out my disclaimer and policy for reviewing books.
For my readers
I rate my books on a scale of one to five stars. I do not generally post one and two star ratings as I want this blog to include only books I recommend reading. Therefore, the books reviewed on this blog generally have ratings between three and five stars.
⭐ If a book has received a one star rating, it means I did not enjoy it and its content was not particularly outstanding in my opinion.
⭐⭐ The book has some value but I did not enjoy it. I will explain why in the review.
⭐⭐⭐ I enjoyed the book but it is not something I would choose to read first. I think it would be better suited to certain audiences. I will explain its strong and weak points in the review.
⭐⭐⭐⭐ I really liked the book. There may be one or two reasons why I didn’t think it merited the full five stars, including that I would not generally re-read it. In general, I recommend the book.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ I loved the book and I highly recommend it to my readers. If it was particularly life changing, I will say so in the review. I think the book would be enjoyed by anyone and there is a chance I would re-read it too.
All books that I have reviewed have been bought independently by me, unless otherwise stated on the review. I am not paid for my book reviews and all are my independent and personal opinion. I am honest in all of my reviews and I will only recommend books I have enjoyed that I hope you will enjoy too.
I am trialling Amazon Affiliates on my blog. You may have noticed the disclaimer message at the start of each post so that I can be transparent with my readers about this before they read my post. This is my only form of monetisation. This means that if you buy something from the link, I get a small percentage of commission at no extra cost to you. All of my reviews are unbiased from the affiliation and it is there purely to help me run the site.
Thank you for taking an interest in my blog.
I am open to book review requests. Please take the time to read my policy before you send me a book review request.
I only read and review non-fiction books. See what kind of books I read in the “Browse my Bookshelf” section. If your book does not align with what I choose to read, I will not review it. I will not respond if you send me a request having not reviewed this section first.
- I am unable to accept every request I receive.
- I cannot guarantee a timeframe for the requests I have received and accepted.
- Negative reviews: I am fully honest in my reviews. Bear in mind that this means it is possible that I might not enjoy your book and therefore leave a negative review. My reviews will never attack you as the author. If you are uncomfortable with the possibility of a negative review, then it may be better to ask for a review elsewhere.
- Timing: I run this blog as a hobby alongside a full time job and my other commitments. This means I may not respond straight away but I will try to respond to every message I receive eventually. If I have not responded within 4 weeks, please assume I am unable to take on your request.
- If I read and review your book, there may be some time before it goes up on my site. If there is an upcoming publication date, let me know when you contact me and I will review these on a case-by-case basis. This is not a guarantee for when I can publish my review of your book.
- I will express my preference for book format, but generally it will be one of the following
- Physical copies
- When you send me a request, please include the following information
- Title of your book
- A summary of the book including themes covered
- The genre
- Where the book can be bought
- The publisher
- I reserve all rights to not finish a book and to not post a review of ARCs and review copies that I receive.
You can contact me via this form.